A believer operates in two worlds.
1.The Kingdom of God and
2.This world - which is governed by ungodly, sensual, materialistic, devious, and ungodly principles.
It's head is Satan.
1. The Kingdom of God
- We are citizens of the Kingdom of Heaven. Phil 3:20.
- We are Christ Ambassador 2 Cor 5:20.
- Our constitution is the word of life.
- The Head of this Kingdom (God's kingdom) is Jesus Christ.
- Our position and how we are to operate is clear. Eph 2:1-6
2. In This world
- You will gratify the desires of the flesh. V. 16.
- The acts of the flesh are obvious: (v. 20 - 21)
- sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery;
- idolatry and witchcraft;
- hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions, and envy;
- drunkenness, orgies, and the like.
Key Notes of Realization
The call to fruitfulness in this decadence is a call to operate at the highest and ethical order. And it requires determination; hard work, self-sacrifice, godly wisdom, being proactive, etc. It is a call to counterculture, being misunderstood, satanic and human oppositions.
- The works of the flesh are characteristics of our old sinful nature that are still appealing to our natural human body.
- The Fruit of the spirit are character traits that we develop through the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. V. 22 - 26
- We are saved and justified by grace through faith. Rom 3:24
- Grace given to us as a leverage. That is, God empowers it to be sufficient for all that is required of us. 2 Cor. 12:9 “My grace is sufficient for you”
- Phil 4:13 – “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.”
- “But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace toward me was not in vain” 1 Cor. 15:10.
“Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. Whoever sows to please their flesh, from the flesh will reap destruction; whoever sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life.” - Galatians 6: 7 – 9