Blessed to Build
Text: Luke 1:26-33
God found Mary worthy to bear Jesus. He also found Elizabeth worthy to be the mother of John the Baptist. Women should not be too busy to fulfill the mission and ministry of God.
Before you can build for the Lord, you have to do the following:
- Be born again (John 3:3)
- You have to be holy (1 Timothy 2:8). Live holy in all your ways to be vessels of honor to God (Hebrews 12:14, Psalm 24:1-4).
- God wants a God fearing woman to be used to the glory of his name. God loves the woman that fears him and honors him.
- The woman has to obey his commandments if you want to build for the Lord (John 14:15-31).
Where do you start building for the Lord?
- Start from your home. The home is the first ministry you have to build (Proverbs 14:1). In 1 Samuel 25, Abigail was a wise woman. Esther also as she arose and did not allow the evil one dictate what happens in her home.
- You must respect your husband. It is good to give honor to whom honor is due. Do not talk to your husband anyhow. Endure with him, help and assist him. Do not compare your husband with another woman’s husband. All fingers are not created equal.
- Train your children in the way of the Lord. Teach them to pray. In 2 Timothy 1:5, Lois and Eunice brought up Timothy and Paul saw that training in him and gave thanks to God for them. Be wise and build children for the Lord.
- Do not have external affairs. Heaven is taking records and God will ask on the last day.
How to Build for the Lord
- With our substance (Luke 8:3)
- Being hospitable (2 Kings 4:8-10, 14). Docas was hospitable and when she died, Peter was called and she was brought back to life. Be a blessing to others. See people and bless them and meet their needs.
- Through evangelism (2 Timothy 4:5)
In conclusion, women arise! Mothers, you are born for a purpose. Arise and start building to the glory of God to become a terror to the kingdom of darkness. You are here for a purpose to do the work of God.
God bless you!