Text: 1 Timothy 1:12-17,
Paul received grace despite what he previously was. His grace was multiplied and he was given a ministry. He transposed from one level to another. The grace that saved im and the mercy that he received from the Lord did not end there but made him qualified to be called into the ministry. Our grace will not be ordinary but such that God will count us worthy to wear a ministerial post, an instrument for the kingdom that comes from him. 2 Corinthians 9:6-8 God will make our grace abound to all good works.
-God gives grace for us to love him and for us to love ourselves.
Definition of abounding grace: God gives grace so that the grace may overflow. That is what abounding grace means. It is the grace that is surplus, plenteous, overflows and affects others positively.
A) Grace is an enabler. It helps us to do what God wants us to do. The world of grace extends past being born again. All God wants us to do and become is embedded in grace.
-Grace is a powerhouse for a believer loaded with spiritual tools of the Holy Spirit and the Word of God. With these two coupled with obedience, you will live a life of overflowing with ease to become what God wants you to be. WIth obedience, you become enriched to dispense grace anywhere and to anyone.
Attributes of Grace
- Grace helps a believer live a transformed life. You do not remain in one place but keep moving on from glory to glory. Forgive yourself of the wrongs and accept that forgiveness, believe the Holy Spirit, obey and you promote yourself to a different level and flow in that level.
- Grace makes us to follow Christ despite opposition, difficulty and hardship.
- It helps us to live a life of liberty and guiltlessness as if he never sinned just like Paul. We must learn to forgive ourselves because we are all humans and are prone to sin. That does not mean that we should make room for sin.
- It makes us to excel in good works and not just abound in it. You must do what you are doing with ease and with our all because we will give account of our work and how well we did it.
- Grace helps us to love the unlovable. It helps us to bear reproach and sufferings because of Christ.
- It empowers us to do more than our fair share. It helps us do more that we are expected to do or give. Like giving more than a tenth of what you have. Resources never finish in heaven and as you increase here, God increases in heaven. Heaven is rich with resources for us.
- Grace helps us to be an example to the brethren.
B) The abundance of grace in us must reflect in the abundance of good work we do in Christendom . The abundance of grace in us must abound in all good works. (2 Corinthians 9:8)
- Grace qualified those that God calls. When called, you don''t have to focus on your challenges like Moses who was a stammerer but focus on his grace. 2 Corinthians 3:5 Our sufficiency is from God.
- When duty calls, do not look at your inabilities or inadequacies because God qualifies those he calls. All he is looking for a teachable and willing heart and your availability. We must all respond to the call to service in the vineyard because grace has deposited a gift in everyone''s life and so you must do something. You must receive grace in vain because you will give account. Anyone doing nothing for God right now is living in disobedience because he asked us to occupy until he comes. 1 Corinthians 7:7 Everyone has his own gift.
- We must serve like Jesus. Make man your focal point and you should not be too busy if there is a need that someone next to you has. Ask for resources so that you can be a blessing to people around.
- A life that must be rewarded must prepare itself to make an impact through overflowing grace which come from preparation in God’s presence. Crucify yourself, read and study the word of God, make time for God, pray. These are ways to prepare ourselves. Put off the old man, take away self. In Galatians 2:20, Paul made a decision to crucify the self and be crucified with Christ and live a life for Christ. 1 Corinthians 15:10, our grace must not be in vain. As you grow, make sure it affects all those around you. If it is not there, go on your knees and ask for grace.
- As you show grace to others, you will get grace, if you show mercy to others, you will get mercy. Everything that God wants you to become, says you will become is all in grace. This grace, unmerited favor abounds into every areas of our live, our businesses, marriages, what teenagers need, students, every single area of our lives is covered by grace and it is available for every area. Grace will help you to love a transformed life. Grace will help you to follow Jesus no matter the limitation. Make you to live a life of freedom. Grace will help you to abound. Grace will help you bear reproach without backsliding.