Join our vibrant Men's Fellowship.
Join our vibrant Women's Fellowship.
Our vibrant and very skillful Youth Band.
Our wonderful and fun Children's Fellowship.
Our vibrant and glorious Choir.
Join our vibrant Usher's Department.
Ned ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium doloremque laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa.
One of the things to do to maintain open heavens is to be an overcomer.
To overcome is to achieve victory over something, to defeat, sumount over something.
To say you are an overcomer means you need to overcome something. 1 John 5 talks about overcoming.
The ability to overcome has been given by each one of us. But we still have to walk in that reality to be overcomers ourselves.
If you do not walk in the reality of it, you won’t be an overcomer. The skills and tools to overcome is already in us because Jesus has already given us the victory. If he overcame, then we should overcome too.
3 Things to overcome to maintain and sustain open heavens:
- Pride: when proud after the heavens open, we’re telling God that we can do things our selves. This can lead to a closed heaven. EGO means Edging God Out. When you edge who opened the heavens for you out, the heavens will be closed. The parable of the rich fool in Luke 12:16-20 is an example. Luke 3:20 shows how open heavens come from humility.
- Lack of confidence in Christ: we should speak words that identify us with Christ. If we don’t, we could close the heavens towards us. Always have confidence in the Christ that opened heavens to us. Question: is it raining in every area of our lives? Are we experiencing open heavens in every area of our lives? Are there things that we fail to overcome that makes us less than what God has made us to be? Parents we examples of what you want your children to overcome. If you do not believe in Jesus as the son of God, you cannot be an overcomer.
Summary: If you are not experiencing open heavens, could it be because we have become lazy, prideful or disobedient. Examine yourself today to continue to experience open heavens.Read More
God made Christ all for us in this life so that we might be fulfilled in him. We have a role to play and a path to chart.
A. Live a purpose driven life
1. God will like us to live a purpose driven life. Fulfilling purpose in Christ means we have to live a purpose driven life through the help of Jesus. It is a decision to achieve something or to get to a point in life.
2. This type of life requires embracing God’s will. It entails deferred gratification. It requires self discipline and the help of the Holy Spirit.
3. Enemies of a purpose driven life: Do not follow bad friends, peer pressure and lack of discretion or vision. Our greatest drive in life is to honor God in what you and all you say.
4. God does not want us to live directionless, muddled life. 2 Tim 1:7
B. We must develop our potentials.
Potentials are things that are innate or natural. Know your weaknesses and strength and develop on that.
1. Have a goal in the areas that you are good and seek to achieve it.
2. Never stop developing your talents and gifts. Keep improving on yourself. (2 Timothy 2:15)
3. Build strong relationships between us and God and between ourselves. Also, by reverentially obey him (John 14:15).
4. To build strong relationship is to build love towards ourselves or others by making intentional input, forgiveness, knowing people closely.
5. We make discounts when we mislead, deceive, are arrogant, gossip, betray trust, etc. Roms 12:19.Read More
Before anyone of us were born, Jer 39:5 says that he knows us and assigned to each one of us a purpose for which we are here on earth for. Sampson, John the Baptist, etc were on earth for a purpose and they fulfilled their purpose.
Everyone has made one mistake or the other but some stay in that regret instead of moving forward.
The Spirit of Regret: Case Study of Ruth
When they left Bethlehem, Naomi and her husband left with wealth. She lost everything in Moab. The sin of incest started from Moab. It was a cursed nation. They left Bethlehem to Moab because of famine but when she left, there was no report of loss from Bethlehem. She was the one that came with three corpses. Naomi means splendor/sweetness but she was experiencing the opposite.
Regret means actions we took without thinking that lead to mistake.
Causes of regret is in the mistakes that were done in life, answers given to challenges.
The way you respond to challenges in life will show if you are a child of God who is in the word.
Some of us regret because of our actions and our inactions.
Causes of Regret:
What regret does
Solution to regret:
Stay Connected with the Word of God wherever you are. The Redeemed Christian Church of God - New Covenant Parish Oklahoma City presents a Mobile App experience that provides Live Stream of Services, Videos of Past Services, Music and Audio of Past Services, Sunday Sermons, Sunday school, Bible Study and Events.